Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

My Blog 6 

This week we had to choose cultural products about our topics. I chose a picture, with a African American man on it, that says "fatherless sons and our fatherless generation." I chose this because I find that our society has this misconception about men always being the ones to walk out on their families. Not only them walking out, but also that black men do not stick around for their children. As I searched online, I kept seeing journals and blogs written by women who were basically just bashing men. Because of my researching, I learned that it is more likely for men to walk out on their family then it is for the woman. 

         Growing up in a household with a single mother of three children, I think I've heard my fair share of how men never do what they have to do for their children. But even then I know that doesn't apply to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment