Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Blog #4 (Response)



               This week, I had a variety of readings to read, from gun control to immigration and even the social issues regarding absent fathers. but they all had two things in common, one being the fact that they all have some sort of sociological perspective and second they are all from popular media. I find that the media stories are short and to the point. I also saw that these media pieces focus on the offender. When we were discussing, my professor said something that really resonated with me and that was that they focus on just the situation and not the policies or the effects of these situations. 
                Throughout my readings, I realized my peers tried to pick articles that weren't bias. for example when Jacob was describing his readings, he emphasized that he was for gun rights. So, when he picked his readings he picked one that was for gun rights, one for gun control and a video to show a visual, so people didn't know what side he was really for. 
              I personally loved all of these topics because of these readings, they weren't as heavy and they gave you just enough to spark a bunch of ideas an questions, which is exactly what we needed to do. They made me think a little deeper not only into the topic but also to tie my life experience in there with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment